The need for leadership to motivate safe behavior and reduce injuries has long been recognized as a necessary part of business. In recent years however, the correlation between good safety and optimum profits has been increasingly recognized. Safety Leadership in the modern context is both simple and complex. In general successful safety leaders advocate a few basic principles – such as:
- ensure goals are shared and clear;
- set the examples;
- create trust by trusting people;
- view mistakes as learning opportunities rather than fix blame to establish credibility, and
- Support for safety initiatives both on a personal and professional level
According to successful leaders; technology and safety systems are important, but none of it works if the people do not believe that the leader cares and is sincere.
This training course is intended to support company managers in demonstrating their leadership and commitment to OH&S on a personal level
The proposal covers following programmed of work for :
Upon completion of this awareness training participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of OHS Leadership in motivating and influencing a positive safety culture within an operation.
- Identify the range of major hazards and their associated risk at a given work area and determine if the practices being applied are effective in managing those risks
- Demonstrate an ability to motivate safe practices through communicating the companies OHS expectations including explaining to workers what are acceptable and unacceptable work practices.
This Course are subject to meet requirement of SKKNI of K3 from Lembaga Sertifikasi Profesi Keselamatan Kesehatan Kerja(LSP-K3):
Lesson Principal :
- Introduction and overview to Incident Causation, Fatality Experience and Investigation
- Visible OHS Leadership
- Behavioral Analysis
- Motivating Safe Behavioral
- Overview Job Safety Analysis
- Overview of Hazardous Work Permits
- Transformation Leadership
- Corporate Safety Culture
Detail rundown of the lesson will be explained at the session of training presentation.
I. TRAINING METHODOLOGIES
Presentations, exercises, discussion and workshop sessions in which participants are encouraged to use the group as a problem solving panel by:
- Examining the personal qualities required for coaching and motivating personnel to improve their work practices in the context of OHS.
- Assessing the presence of major hazards at a work area and determining if those hazards pose a risk of serious injury.
- Using prompt sheets to examine the level of knowledge and application of safety by company and contractor employees.
The course comprises of the following major Components
- Theory section – 6.5 hrs
- Practical Exercises – 8.5 hrs
The assessment component will cover each key element contained in the Lesson Plan, the assessment method will involve:
- Written and/or oral test conducted by the facilitators.
- Practical demonstration during Group Exercises (recognition of hazards and assessing the level of risk related to those hazards and the work)
- Table top exercise, case studies, and assessment of learnings.
II. SCHEDULE AND AGENDA
Course & Workshop will be delivering in two days (at 08.00 am until 17.00 pm)
Investment: IDR 4,000,000/person
Hotel Puri Denpasar